August 19, 2009

The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with One Step

Everything is changing.

When I move to my new apartment in 10 days I will be changing my driver's license over to Massachusetts and will, officially, have no ties to 'home'... Boston is, officially, my new home. I'm officially an adult. I guess...

In the past year I have fallen into a I'm-never-going-back-to-school funk and it's definitely been weird. There have been ups and downs and all arounds, but all in all I've sort of just been floundering. I mean I have a job, I pay my bills, I go out, I still travel a little, I've discovered new friends, and I have reconnected with old ones. But I just feel like there's a new journey starting, but in a way I am standing still. Time is moving forward, but it's whizzing past me in my place.

So, this brings me to this blog. Why have I joined the millions of people out there who think someone is going to care about their driveling gibberish on a random web page...? I need something (someone, eventually?) to hold me accountable. Instead of overwhelmingly contemplating the meaning of the rest of my life and asking is this really it?? I have decided to proactively stop those thoughts. Life is so much better for me when I look at all the little things that are going well, so this blog is going to be a record of those little things that make my life better. It will also serve as documentation of my first steps in adulthood... until recently I'm pretty sure I was crawling, but now that I'm wobbling around on shaky legs things don't seem so scary.

I'm ready to run....

No comments:

Post a Comment