August 20, 2009

Day Two...

So. The blog....

It's day two...

What does all that gibberish I said yesterday mean???

Well, I know it was vague. What I really need is a kick in the pants to get my creative self back in my life... so much has changed, so much is still changing, constantly change (hence FLUX) moving, not staying the same and I've stopped creating. I've even stopped appreciating. I haven't been to a museum or a show or anything like that in the last year. Well with the exception of Philip Johnson's Glass House, but that's it. So - what I am getting at is that this blog needs more of a purpose and more structure than just a "record the little things that make life better" or "documentation of my first real steps in adulthood."

Last night, in that moment of post-conscious and pre-sleep I decided a photo-a-day blog would be the best way to "document" and "record" and "appreciate" all this stuff.. It's the one tangible thing I can think of that will force me to create... Photography is zen for me. It's the one thing I can do for hours and hours and never get bored or be easily distracted from. It needs to be a deeper level of photography, though. I need to make photos, not just take pictures. So to 'kick start' that is what I shall do... take pictures and post one photo from the batch every day for the next year..... August 20, 2010 here I come.

Naturally I can't make a decision, but since it's the first day I shall allow myself 2 photos and let you choose the better. I actually took a lot of pictures to get myself here.

1 is a self portrait, which I feel like I should post on day 1. It's cliched, but appropriate. I like the light in 2. There's a little meaning to it that I don't know how to describe quite yet. If you're wondering 2 is the light from my bedroom reflecting on our hallway wall...

So without further explanation - here you are:

1

2



No comments:

Post a Comment