February 24, 2010

ruminations

"A photo is inherently a moment one never sees. It is stagnant. I have explored these moments at times when no one is looking. Let's open our eyes to the world we see everyday, but look at in a different view or light." - Harry Callahan

A few weeks ago, when I was out of work, I went to the MFA. I saw a photo show by Harry Callahan and above is one of the quotes I wrote down while I was there. It makes me want to find a specific path and/or project for my photos, but when I think about it the quote is exactly what I am doing. I'm documenting my everyday life... the things I see and the things I notice, but with a photo it's seen in a different view. I can capture a moment of a day, something I saw that inspired me for just a moment and share that view with all of you. Since it's my everyday life it's somewhat personal, but for me it's like that old saying "write what you know" ... so I photograph what I know: my life.

I just wish I was a little more focused. Or had a better camera. Or a better technique.

Anyway, where are few more pictures:

02.17.10
02.17.10

02.16.10
02.16.10

02.15.10
02.15.10

02.14.10
02.14.10
What a sweet Valentine to myself: tying my shoes for the first time in 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment