February 10, 2010

Another Week in Recovery


So most of these pictures were taken around the house. I have been staying in mostly. Being out of work is really taking its financial toll, so I am trying my best to keep my costs down until I go back to work. I'm actually starting back next Tuesday. I am getting a little nervous about my return. Monday, when I decided that I'd definitely go back next week, I had made leaps and bounds in physical therapy. Today I woke up in a lot of pain, my wrist swelled up again, and my wrist movement went back to being awful. I guess I pushed it a little too hard the last few days and so I have taken a few steps backwards in recovery. It's beyond frustrating. I try to stay positive, but days like today make it hard.

Anyway, enjoy some photos of another week on the 'road to recovery' with me:



02.08.10
02.08.10
Sunrise through the curtains. I have to get up really early for physical therapy some days and today was one of those days.

02.06.10
02.06.10
This is the first time I was able to pull my hair into a ponytail since the injury. I was able to clip it in a claw clip, but this is the first time I could maneuver my fingers in and around my hair with just enough strength to use an elastic to secure it into a ponytail.

02.05.10
02.05.10
Hallway.

02.05.10
02.05.10
The lone window.

02.04.10
02.04.10
I thought this was fitting since it was the day Scott Brown was sworn in. I'm currently reading Ted Kennedy's memoir, True Compass, so I find myself more interested in the politics behind this special election. It will be interesting to see what Brown does now.
02.03.10
02.03.10
Light through the bathroom window.

02.02.10
02.02.10
The scar is tough. It's hardened and I have to massage it so the tissue doesn't adhere through to the bone and cause problems. It's big, and it's gross right now. I don't really like to touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment