December 29, 2010

Lagoon

Lagoon

I haven't posted anything in just over 10 months, but I was photoshopping pictures to give as Christmas gifts and decided I'd upload some to the website. A lot has happened over the last 10 months - my arm is fully healed, my thumb gets tired and I have a few limitations here and there, but it's at about 98% of what it was which is good enough for me. I also got moved on to a new project team at work which is the other reason I haven't really posted - my life is infinitely busier. Anyway, I think my winter despression has set in, so I thought I'd take the negative energies and focus them elsewhere.

I took this with an old Canon EOS that my brother so graciously gave me. This was one of the first few pictures I took with a DSLR and it was the first time I had used an SLR of any type in a while. I don't remember the f-stop or shutter speed, but it was about sunset at my step-family's beach house in September. I love the view. I love the light. I took the photo into photoshop to boost brightness and contrast a bit and to straighten it out. I am pleased with the final product. I put a few copies in frames and gave it out a Christmas present because the house may be sold soon. We may not always have the house and the view, but we will always have the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment